Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Favre story

Well, even though I feel like I should know better by now...I can't help but say something about today's speculation that Favre will retire. The bottomline here for me is that I will NOT believe this until he is (1) sitting at a press conference with his family and teammates and officially announces his retirement, (2) NOT on the field for the NFL season opener vs the Saints, and (3) NOT on the field in game 4 of the regular season after the Vikings start 2-2 or 1-3, which could very well happen without Favre. The Saints will win by 20 opening night if Favre is not the Vikings QB. It's just WAY too early for me to actual believe that Favre is done. I can't see a guy THAT competitive and smart to walk away from $13 million to lead a super bowl-ready football team that he had an MVP-caliber season with last year, not to mention a rematch with the Saints on opening night. I think we need to stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment