Thursday, April 15, 2010

some spring hoopla

Congrats to the Duke Blue Devils for winning the national title again, making it their 4th in school history. I think this year's Duke team really overachieved. Of the 4 #1 seeds in the tourney, I had them falling first in my bracket. I didn't see them making it out of the second round. Then again, most brackets were totally destroyed this year. We had about as much madness as there has been in recent years. It was fun.

In the NFL, a couple big names are on the move. Donovan McNabb will be leading the Redskins next season and most likely to end his career. The Redskins are now much improved with a pro bowl caliber QB leading Shanahan's offense. That combination should make the Skins playoff contenders again. Meanwhile, my Broncos again shocked everyone and let another big talent get away as they traded Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins. I only hope my gut feeling on this is wrong and they won't regret it for a long time.

As the NBA playoffs get closer, I had this thought about the Charlotte Bobcats. Now that Mr. Jordan is the majority owner, it's pretty good timing for him to be able to try to lure either Wade or LeBron in free agency this summer to his team and try to build a championship team quickly. It would be very interesting to see if either one of them wants to be the guy who turned down the offer to play for Michael Jordan. I wouldn't want to be that guy. That said, I don't think either Wade or Lebron will go anywhere. I think both stay put.

No comments:

Post a Comment